Oxmoor, situated to the north of Huntingdon and also welcomes applicants from further afield.
Thongsley Fields Primary & Nursery School is an Academy of The Cam Academy Trust. The Trust and the local governing board agree to accept the Admission Policy guidelines produced by Cambridgeshire County Council.
Children are admitted to school at the beginning of the school year (September - August) in which they are 5. The online application process opens in November and closes in January. Parents are advised if they have been successful in securing a place in April.
Parents should submit the online application form, available through the LA Admissions Team website linked below. If successful, offer letters will be issued by the LA. Late applications (those submitted between the deadline and the end of the first week of the autumn term) will also be handled by the LA Admissions Team.
To apply for a place after the start of term or in any other year group, please contact the LA Admissions Team.
All parents are advised to read the LA booklet for parents on primary admissions.
For children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (or Statement of Special Educational Need) or social circumstances where these needs can be best met at our school, written professional supporting evidence must be provided. A professionally qualified person such as a medical doctor, psychologist or social worker must set out in writing the particular reasons why this school will best meet the needs of the child and the difficulties which would be caused if the child had to attend an alternative school.
Where applications for any year group exceed the number of published year group places, after the admission of pupils with a statement of SEN naming the school, applications will be considered in the following order of priority.
- Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC) to include those who were previously looked-after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order.
- Children living in the catchment2 area who have a sibling3 at the school at the time of admission.
- Other children living in the catchment area.
- Children who live outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children who live outside the catchment area.
2. Parents may contact the Local Authority (LA) if they are uncertain whether or not they reside in the catchment area. The home address is defined as the address of the adult with parental responsibility with whom the child normally lives and which applies at the time of application. Applications based on future addresses can only be considered up to 6 teaching weeks before the child is expected to take up the place.
3. A sibling is defined as another child of compulsory school age living in the same family home.